Ludwig's revolutionary marching snare drum concept takes the term "free floater" to a new level.
Designed for unparalled tuning and high tensioning, the USA Free Floater enables you to achieve clean,
crisp, exacting articulations. The secret is in the lightweight magnesium frame that secures both the
batter and snare heads, allowing the thin 4-ply Maple shell to be completely suspended for the
ultimate in projection.
Free Floater Features
- Integrated laminant finishes are molded into the shell for maximum strength.
- Steel swivel nut receivers and 6mm heat-treated steel key rods are designed for high tension tuning.
- Four-ply shell and lightweight frame combine for a total weight of only 15 pounds.
- Magnesium frame, die-cast hoops and internal support rings enable the free floater to achieve "super torque tuning".
- P90 "Keystone" Snare Strainer System enables automatic snare engagement that is easy to reach and fast to operate.
- Individually adjustable, synthetic gut snare unit allows fine-tuning for a customized sound.
- Stabilizing snare guards protect the snare unit while supplying safe, balanced support.
- Individually adjustable synthetic gut snare unit allows fine-tuning for a customized sound.
- P90 Keystone Snare Strainer System features automatic snare engagement that is easy to reach and fast to operate.